6.28.2005

Holy God It's the Internet!

Progress being made. The structures of my work are being created within a world of my words, divised of my of mind.

Information overload is imminent I think. I just downloaded iTunes 4.9. It's got the option to subscribe to podcasts, which are basically just radio shows that are downloadable.

THERE ARE EXACTLY 4.9 GIGAQUADMILJILLION PODCASTS AS OF 12:11:32 PM on June 28, 2005.

It's just too much. I want news, I want entertainment, I want etc. There's too freaking MUCH.

I feel like there's this digital age coming that our technology isn't ready for. RSS feeds, which are automatic downloads of just the text of articles and news. Everything has them. Heck, you can even get them on Blogspot. I use them for my Slashdot 4.9, my CNN, my news. Everything.

There's e-mail (gMail, hotmail, yahoo, corporate and educational accounts), moblogs, IMing clients (AIM, ICQ, MSN) - it's insane.

It's almost as if this whole Internet thing has become so gorged with information that it's being reduced into a pure source of information. Even the interfaces for finding this information, the search engines and blogs and etc. are sources of their OWN information. Del.icio.us and Craigslist are two examples.

It's just...it blows my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Amazing!

July 01, 2005 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home